Calling all impact entrepreneurs and founders of purpose-driven enterprises!
The B Corp Accelerator Program is accepting applications for the next cohort.
B Corps harness the power of business as a force for good. They meet rigorous, third-party standards for social and environmental impact.
Certified B Corps around the world are advancing a global movement towards an inclusive and regenerative economy.
The B Corp Accelerator Program is designed to help you build a better business from the earliest stages of your venture and join this growing community.
Why Join the B Corp Accelerator?
To get certified as a B Corp, you need to get a verified score of at least 80 on the B Impact Assessment (BIA) and to be in business for a year.
During your first year in business, you’ll be making critical decisions about your business that will be evaluated on the BIA.
However, without knowing what the B Corp standards are, you may miss opportunities to put into place the practices that will help you generate the positive impact that you want. Some of these may be difficult or costly to change later, resulting in wasted time and money.
You could avoid this by going through the BIA on your own and figure out what you should be doing, but let’s face it: you’re busy. You’re raising capital, forming your team, and getting your company up and running.
This program provides you with clear and specific recommendations about the practices that you can put in place as you build your business, to ensure that you’re adapting the standards from the earliest stages of a company’s formation.
You can be intentional about incorporating B Corp standards into your business model, governance structure, worker practices, community engagement, and environmental stewardship from the beginning. You’re already making key decisions about your business – about your mission & vision, your products and services, hiring employees, choosing suppliers, and more. This program will help you make this decisions through the lens of the B Impact Assessment for maximum impact now and greater efficiency later when you are ready to apply for certification.
What Does the Accelerator Program Include?
The B Corp Accelerator Program distills the key practices from the B Impact Assessment (BIA) and identifies the practices that startups and founders can embed from the beginning. In addition to best practices, you’ll learn about the criteria for impact business models and how to build them into your business early on so that you can have a clearly-defined impact.
The program is designed to provide you with unique guidelines, a peer learning community, and mentorship. It includes:
- One-of-a-kind guidelines that distill the B Impact Assessment practices specifically for startups, with actionable steps that founders and entrepreneurs can take at the earliest stages of their business
- A easy-to-use checklist of the recommended practices from the BIA that you should be implementing
- A B Corp certification roadmap so that you’ll know what you need to do and when you need to do it
- One group coaching call to get you and your fellow cohort members started
- Two one-on-one consulting calls to help refine your company’s business model for maximum impact and get personalized assistance
- A private Slack group so that you can connect with other values-aligned founders
- Personal introductions to partners and service providers within the B Corp community
What Are the Benefits?
The B Corp Accelerator Program offers many benefits. Through your participation in the program, you’ll:
- Build a business that will meet the highest standards of social and environmental responsibility
- Save time and money by embedding best practices from the beginning, rather than going back later to fix things
- Have a mentor with 10 years of experience in sustainability, social impact, and B Corps
- Be prepared to certify as a B Corp once you’ve been in business for one year
- Join a community of like-minded entrepreneurs who can support you in your entrepreneurial journey
- Get personal introductions to members of the B Corp community so that you can begin to connect to the community
- Establish a solid, yet flexible foundation for your business that can work for you as a founder and grow with you as you grow your business
This sounds good, but I still have a few questions.
- I’m already busy. Will I have time for this? Nothing in this program is designed to create extra work. In fact, the program was designed with input from busy entrepreneurs (like you) and after discussions with other accelerators that have seen what works and what doesn’t. The time commitment is minimal (one hour for a group call and then two individual coaching calls). You’ll be provided with the important information up front and then supported by a mentor and a community, via one-on-one calls and a Slack group, as you implement your practices.
- Will this program prepare me for B Corp Certification? Yes. The program is designed to help you build a better business, get you started on the Impact Assessment, and implement practices that will get you to at least the 80 points that are needed for certification.
- What will I need to do to get certified after I complete this program? You’ll need to finalize your Impact Assessment and submit it to B Lab to begin the review process after you have been in operation for at least one year. Cultivating Capital can assist you with this process when you get to this stage.
- Will I be able to afford this program? The program fees are designed to be affordable for early-stage ventures that are operating with limited cash flow. Scholarships and discounts are available for youth and people of color.
- How do I apply? Just fill out the form below. You’ll be contacted with additional information.
Join the Cohort!
To be considered for inclusion in the upcoming cohort, please fill out the application form below.