Now that California has passed Benefit Corporation legislation, Benefit Corporations and B Corps are all the rage! If you’re trying to keep up with it all, here’s the latest from around the web:
- An interview on KPFA last week explores the Benefit Corporation legislation. It’s well worth listening to, and you can access it here.
- Following the B Corp Retreat in October, Shift Alliance explains the purpose, progress, and future challenges of B Corps.
- With the passing of the new legislation, it’s easy to confuse Benefit Corporations with B Corporations. Sometimes, however, a B is not a B.
- What is being called the biggest change in NY corporate law since the introduction of LLCs in 1994? Hint: It involves turning profits while benefiting the public.
- If you’re trying to make sense of B Corps, this primer on B Corps breaks it down for you.
- What was the process for one company to become a certified B Corp? Rivanna Designs shares their story.
- This short video by B Corp Impact Makers has been around for a while, but it’s worth watching because it explains their model for doing good – and challenges you to steal it!
Finally, if you haven’t yet read B Lab co-founder Andrew Kassoy’s post on B Corps and Occupy Wall Street, I highly recommend that you read it here.